Here are a few of the highlights, if you’d prefer the short version!
- Easy way to create a Vision Board. If you’re looking to create a vision board that you can 1) load with the images of the things you want to accomplish, and 2) watch any time on your computer, this fits the bill.
- Choose from the pre-loaded images or load your own. You will like the flexibility here – if you are looking for “conceptual” or “broad” topics, there are literally hundreds to choose from. If you have something very exact that you are envisioning, you can easily upload an image of it into your account.
- Music to fit the mood of your movie. Again, the library has so much to offer. Again, if you have a tune or recorded narration you prefer to upload, you can do that too.
- Inexpensive to get started. Seriously, for under $100, you can’t go wrong. And, you are not limited to how many movies you can make.
- Keep them private, or load them to YouTube. If you want to share your movies, you have the flexibility to load them to YouTube. But, if you want to keep them for your eyes only, simply view them on your own computer in the privacy of your own home.
If you’ve heard enough, great!
By the way, here is one of my Mind Movies!
Now (DRUMROLL…….), for my full review.
First Impressions: When I first came across Mind Movies, it was from watching a video with John Assaraf, one of the teachers featured in the movie “The Secret.” Now, I really like John Assaraf, and have long been a fan of the idea of a vision board, which is the concept he introduced to me when I watched the movie. He talked about this cool online vision board software called “Mind Movies,” and I was instantly intrigued, partly because I have taught the concept of creating a “mental movie” in a goal setting book that I wrote a few years ago. This whole concept was something I first heard about from Neville Goddard, another new thought teacher.
When I hopped over the the Mind Movies website, my first impression THERE was, “Oh, no… Really? ‘Attract all the wealth, love, etc in 3 minutes a day?’ REALLY?” I thought, “Hype. Darn it…”
But, I continued in anyway, because John Assaraf liked it, and I love the concept of vision boards. Once I got past the initial flashy headline, I liked what I saw. Now, they have a number of different products beyond the basic Mind Movies vision board program (e.g. Mind Movies Matrix) but for now, I just wanted the basics.
When I saw the demo, I thought, “Cool. I’ll bite.” And so I did.
Learning Curve: This is seriously easy to use. I signed in to my account, and made my first Mind Movie in about a half an hour. It would have been quicker, but frankly, I was having a lot of fun exploring all the different images, tunes, and affirmations. If you can “drag and drop,” then you can easily use this tool.
Delivery: This product definitely delivers a sharp looking online vision board. They say, “Get empowered to reach your goals…” and I have to say that creating and watching these does feel empowering. They indicate that you really should watch your personal mind movies daily, several times per day for best results. This, I feel, is VERY important. Do not expect to manifest anything at all simply by creating your Mind Movie and then putting it on your desktop only to let it collect dust. USE it!
Functionality: Again, this is a very simple tool – as I mentioned, it’s pretty much a drag & drop application. There are tons of images, affirmations, and music backgrounds you can use in creating your vision board. One thing, however, that I would recommend, if possible, is to make your movie as personal as possible. I discuss that in this article here – for example, if your goal is to have a certain type of car, and it’s not in their library, try to find an image that more closely matches your ideal vehicle.
It is a very simple matter to import your own images, and to add your own affirmations.
Pros & Cons:
First the Pros:
- I love the sleekness of the movie design, and the extreme ease of use.
- I also REALLY like the fact that I can bring in my own images, and type in my own affirmations.
- Their own image library is extensive, and I love it as well. Same thing goes for the music. If you read through my other articles about this product, you’ll see some examples as well. This definitely gets my emotions flowing!
- Once you have created your movie, it’s really easy to download to your computer. If you like, you can put it on YouTube as well. I have put a few of mine on my YouTube channel, but you don’t have to if you wish to keep your vision personal.
- From my personal experience, I truly do “feel” more like I’m attaining my goals! It really, really does help me maintain my vision.
- They offer a full 60 day 100% money-back refund period, which I believe is very generous.
Ok, now for the Cons:
- There are a few upsells along the way. I’m not crazy about upsells, although they are useful if you want to take things to the next level.
- The only other thing that I found a little awkward was when I wanted to preview my movie before processing the final “take,” I couldn’t just preview a little bit (unless I just haven’t figured that out yet) – I have to sit through all the slides in order to get to the one slide I really wanted to check on.
Other than that, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Price Point: At $100 (hint: or $20 less if you try to leave the page before clicking on the “buy” button), I think it’s a very fair price for what you get. You are not limited to just a few movies – you can make as many as you like, and there’s no time frame. I believe most people looking for something like this can afford it. You’d pay a lot more buying a ton of magazines trying to make a physical vision board, and you’d spend a lot more time as well.
Summary and Recommendation: Well, as you probably can see from my other pages on this site, I like the product, and I do recommend it. I’m using it myself, and have shared a very personal one with you here. I will consider some of their other products in the future (such as MindMovies Matrix), but for now, I’m enjoying making my regular Mind Movies, and hope you do too! Click on the link below to take a look!